Week 2 of Bake Off is biscuit week! I didn't really fancy making a biscuit box or arlettes. I'd never heard of arlettes before this weeks show and after a Google search, none of the internet seemed to have either. I've just done another search and there's now a whole tonne of recipes - the power of Bake Off!
I'm going off tangent. Biscotti seemed most favourable for eating during this weeks episode. The best part about this recipe is you can eat the end pieces for 'quality control purposes' before they're ready to serve. Anyway, here's my recipe for Cherry, Almond and White Chocolate Biscotti.
Recipe - Biscotti
115g unsalted butter
125g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
275g plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
100g dried cherries
100g chopped almonds
100g white chocolate, well chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs.
2. Add in the dry ingredients (flour and baking powder) until a soft dough is formed. Add in the cherries, almonds and 75g of the chocolate and mix until evenly combined.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and place onto a lined baking sheet. Flour your hands and form them into nice rectangular shapes.
4. Bake for around 25mins until just firm and golden. Remove from the oven an allow to cool for 10 minutes. Don't forget to leave the oven on, you'll be needing it again!
5. Slice the baked dough carefully. Gently lay the slices on the baking sheets and cook for a further 10 mins.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. As the biscotti are still fragile, make sure you leave them on the tray until they have firmed up. Once cool, melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle or dip the biscotti for decoration, whatever your preference!