Five Happy Things #17
A bit of a delayed 'Five Happy Things' this week as I haven't had five minutes to sit down so far! This is going to be an easy week to find five things to talk about. Christmas week is one of the best weeks of the year for me, right through until New Year is over and it's time to go back to reality and socially acceptable clothing. In between stressful trips down to Southampton, I've been getting extra festive, doing lots of baking and spending time with family. Here's a few things that have made me happy this week:
1. Christmas. This goes without saying, just everything about it makes me happy.
2. Food gets its own point this week. You can't beat a week where it's considered normal to eat so much cheese, chocolate, meat and vegetables that you need to wear loose fitted clothing and lie on the sofa with a food baby for several hours.
3. Time with my nieces. I don't get to see them anywhere near as often as I would like, so getting to spend some time with them is always a highlight of my week.
4. Looking back at photos from this summer. I've been trying to organise my photos from Disney and Trek America for my scrapbooks. Bitter sweet to look back on, but can't help but smile.
5. Spontaneous pub trips. Especially like the ones this week where you end up having a good chat and a laugh with people you haven't seen properly in years.
Also a special mention to Scenter Barks who get top marks for their business name. Made me giggle when I saw their van in the endless traffic jam of crazy people trying to get into West Quay to go sales shopping.