We're big fans of marzipan in our house, so much so it inspired our dog's name! At this time of the year we have a lot around the kitchen, so I decided to make an apple tart a bit more exciting. It went down a treat and is super quick and easy to make too.
1 block of pastry
2 dessert apples
1. Roll out your pastry and line your tart case. Poke the base with a fork to form holes.
2. Thinly slice some of the marzipan and scatter around the base.
3. Thinly slice your apples and layer over the pastry and marzipan. Add another layer of marzipan and then your final layer of apples.
4. Grate a layer of marzipan on the top as a final touch. Grating is best, larger chunks catch and darken more easily, as you can see in the photo!
5. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.